17th to the 21st of October 2016
Emperors Palace, Johannesburg, South Africa
The Changing Face of Waste Management
The Institute of Waste Management of Southern Africa herewith proudly announces that their 23rd WasteCon flagship conference and exhibition will take place from the 17-21 of October 2016 at Emperors Palace, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.
On behalf of the IWMSA Central Branch Committee we invite you to join us at WasteCon 2016 a premier showcase of best practice sustainable waste management solutions.
The conference will take place over a period of three days with both plenary and parallel sessions. One of the most prominent highlights of the conference will be a technical tour that will take place on the fourth day of the conference. Details of this exciting tour will be revealed at a later stage so watch this space and make sure that you book your seat in advance as space will be limited.
We are also planning a fun-filled social programme that will provide delegates, speakers, exhibitors and guests with world class networking and benchmarking opportunities. The social program also provides a perfect platform to meet up with old friends and to make new ones.
In addition, the all-important exhibition floor will showcase the many new and not so new innovative products and services that service providers to the industry have to offer. The exhibition will also be open to the public.
Changing Face of Waste Management “encompasses a myriad of topics such as:
· Alternative waste treatment technologies
· Markets and recycling – how is a downward cycle affecting this market?
· Reclaimers and community based waste collection – what is the impact?
· Diversion versus minimization – what should we be driving?
· Integrated waste facilities – is it a way forward?
· Waste management and innovation
· The role of waste in the Circular economy
· Changing behaviour, up the awareness
· Municipality experiences implementing recycling initiatives
· Industry experiences implementing the new waste regulations.
· Awareness campaigns on waste – sharing the message and methods
· Job creation opportunities and initiatives – What is the industry doing?
· Reporting research findings on waste related studies
· Innovation in waste collection and transport systems
· Viability of establishing alternative waste treatment technologies
· Reverse Logistics as a means to support recycling
· Innovation in recycling of waste
· State of the art landfill design, construction and rehabilitation
Make sure that you diarize the
17 to 21 of October 2016 today and the join the Institute in counting the days to WasteCon 2016
Changing The Face Of Waste Management For A Better Future For All!
For more information or to book please contact Gail Smit on +27(0)11-675-3462 or email email@example.com
The Emperors Palace Conference Centre is the embodiment of the perfect event venue. No matter how large or small the event, Emperors Palace events excel in the three essential ingredients of successful conferences and entertaining - superb cuisine, impeccable service, and an elegant atmosphere. The talented team at the Conference Centre work tirelessly to ensure that your event is a success, and that you and your guests feel the personal touch that epitomises our events. Virtual Tour of Conference Venue Conference Centre Venues Emporers Palace main website Emperors-Convention-Factsheet. Emperors Palace offers luxurious accommodation in four unique hotels, a glorious health and beauty spa, a magnificent casino with unparalleled gaming enjoyment, the finest in dining options, spectacular entertainment choices, world class conference facilities, and impeccable service.
Come to Emperors Palace. Come to the Palace of Dreams!
Disclaimer The Institute of Waste Management of Southern Africa (IWMSA) maintains this website in order to provide you, the user, with general information concerning our organisation and its activities. The information provided on this site is intended for general guidance only.
Although this site is continually updated with new information and every possible care is taken to keep the information on the site as current as possible, IWMSA cannot accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any damages or losses, whether directly or indirectly, including consequential loss or loss of profit, arising from any use of or reliance on the information supplied on this site. Users should not act on this information without seeking written advice from IWMSA.
The content of this site is subject to copyright protection and may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the prior written approval of IWMSA.
All information, including products or services or any terms or conditions pertaining to them, is subject to change at any time, without prior notification.
Call for Papers WasteCon 2016 welcomes the submission of abstracts for original contribution to the field.
All submissions will go through a peer-review process carried out by a local review panel.
Each abstract will appear in full form in the abstract book, which will be handed out at the conference.
Bookings for Exhibitors Now Open
Companies that exhibit at WasteCon 2016 will benefit from the following:
· WasteCon 2016 will be open to the public and a variety of educational sectors
· Reach pre-targeted delegates from the waste profession both locally and internationally
· Networking lunches and refreshment breaks that offer delegates quality time at exhibition stands
· Acknowledgement in conference material to ensure long lasting exposure
· Benefit from special client visitations
· Receive ongoing recognition for your support in the exhibition room via modern multimedia presentations
· Your logo and company profile will be displayed in the printed conference material
Sponsorship Don’t forget there are sponsorship and branding opportunities available, should you be interested please contact us.
Read more to see all the options that are available..